Monday, August 29, 2011

Domestic Violence

I GOT FLOWERS TODAY…
I got flowers today.
It wasn’t my birthday or any other special day.
We had our first argument last night, and he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
I know he is sorry and didn’t mean the things he said,
Because he sent me flowers today.
I got flowers today.
It wasn’t our anniversary or any other special day.
Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me.
It seemed like a nightmare. I couldn’t believe it was real. I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over.
I know he must be sorry, because he sent me flowers today.
I got flowers today, and it wasn’t Mother’s Day or any other special day.
Last night, he beat me up again. It was much worse than all the other times.
If I leave him, what will I do? How will I take care of my kids?
What about money? I’m afraid of him and scared to leave.
But I know he must be sorry, because he sent me flowers today.
I got flowers today.
Today was a very special day. It was valentines day .It was the day of my funeral.
Last night, he finally killed me. He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him,
I would not have gotten flowers today.

Poem source: unknown
Poem note: This poem was sent to me by one of the wordpress bloggers and regular reader of my Blog. She requested me to post it. This poem is pretty much her own story. She said she got this poem from the web but she doesn’t know the poet. Every Valentine’s day has become remembrance of nightmare to her.
On this day I wish her to find Love again!
I wish her Love which can erase all pains of her life!
I wish you all Love which brings you Happiness and Joy!

Love and Lots of it
Suresh
PS: As before like any of my earlier stories I am committed to maintain dignity of my source. Please do allow me.
Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE COMES FROM GOD

WE MUST LEARN TO SPREAD LOVE THROUGHOUT OUR WORLD, TAKE TIME TO LOVE AND ENJOY YOURSELF!

I'M GONNA MISS YOU